Santa Monica Sip n’ Scavenge
Firestone, Lagunitas and Deschutes have decided to team up to celebrate craft beer, and the end of a beautiful summer, by organizing a craft beer scavenger hunt in Santa Monica, called the Santa Monica Sip N’ Scavenge. Taking place on Saturday, August 24, 2013.
This is the first of what we hope will be a series of scavenger hunts all over Los Angeles. Our aim, as is almost always the case, is to bring a greater awareness to the unique quality of craft beer in a city with a rapidly growing community of craft beer enthusiasts. As we are all currently immersed in this community, and with vested interests, we should take any opportunity to guide the growth in the right direction, right?
Here’s the gist…
- On Saturday, August 24, 2013 – Kick off at 1pm.
- Beginning at the first bar, clues will be given directing teams to various bars or locations in downtown Santa Monica (all w/in walking distance).
- Once your team has made it to the correct location you will have to correctly identify the beer being poured, at which time you’ll each be given one to enjoy.
- Drink up, get your next clue, so on and so forth….
- At each location teams will also have the opportunity to collect raffle tickets by doing additional ‘challenges’, the raffle will be held at the hosting bar, The Commons, after the hunt.
Here are the details….
- Jumping off point is at The Commons on Broadway, half a block East of Ocean in downtown Santa Monica.
- Cost is $100 for a team of 4 or $35 for individuals (space is limited to 10 teams total so sign up now please).
- Sign up can be done in person or over phone at The Commons (address/phone number).
- Prizes will be awarded to 1st 2nd and 3rd place teams.
- And because everyone’s a winner in our eyes, every participant will be given a commemorative t-shirt and other swag.
Sign up your team or just yourself by calling The Commons at 310.451.6700. Sooooo, what better way than to introduce a little friendly competition amongst your peers.